Central Penn Physical Therapy announces the opening of a Shoulder Center, the first of it’s kind in the area.
If you are like most people with shoulder pain, you’ve been dealing with it for a while. You have probably tried medication and canned, non-supervised exercise. But the pain continues to affect your activities, especially those which you like to do the most. If shoulder pain and limitation is interfering with your quality of life, it’s time to consult with a shoulder specialist. One who is an expert in biomechanics of the shoulder and can diagnose the cause of your problem in order to recommend the appropriate treatment.
The first of its kind in the area, Central Penn’s Shoulder Center offers patients with various shoulder problems an individualized, movement-based approach to shoulder rehabilitation. With over 38 years of experience our staff demonstrates expert knowledge in shoulder biomechanics. You will be evaluated by a Doctor of Physical Therapy so that an individualized plan of care can be developed for you. This may include:
- Application of modalities such as heat, cold, ultrasound, electrical stimulation
- Specialized indirect mobilizations specific to Central Penn Physical Therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education therapy
- Closed kinetic chain exercises – total body and shoulder specific
- Manual therapy – exclusive to Central Penn, this therapy was researched and developed by Dr. Mary Stout, PT, DPT
- Patient education about his or her shoulder disorder
Our goal is to go beyond treating the symptoms and treat the problem with compassionate care aimed at optimizing your performance.